Can't Recover an 8 gig SSD Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by macoombi, Feb 21, 2011.

1. macoombi

macoombi

I've got a problem with my old SSD Aspire One. A few months ago I ordered the Recovery Disks from Acer. It took me a while to figure out that you need to book with the disk labeled "sytem disk" and not the recovery disk.

So now I'm at the point where it's asking me, "How would you like to restore?"
    The options are "Restore System from factory" (GREYED OUT! WTF @$&@^*&^) and "Exit".

I've tried everything to select the grayed out "Restore System from factory default" option to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance.

macoombi, Feb 21, 2011
  2. macoombi

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

I shall start by saying I have never used the restore disks, but you may want to try this.
    When you boot up to that point with the System Disk, and all drive activity has stopped. Remove the System Disk and put in the Recovery Disk.

The drive should start whirring away again and the greyed out option may become available.
    If not you could try hitting F5 (generally known as the refresh key) once you have put in the Recovery Disk.

Let us know how you get on.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Feb 21, 2011
Ask a Question