Can't see entire window on screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by reddawg, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddawg

reddawg

I have two Aspire Ones with the same problem so it must be a common one. One is a D250-1042 running XP Home, v. 2002 w/ SP3, the other is a 532h-2268 running Win 7 Starter, upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium. Both computers are operating in their highest resolution modes (1024 x 600). There have been many "configuration" type windows associated with programs I am installing where the entire contents of the window cannot be seen on the screen. I cannot resize the windows and there are no elevator or scroll bars to access unseen parts of the window. One particular window I am having trouble with at the moment is the Server Property Page for Ultra VNC. I can make all my selections but the "activate" buttons at the bottom of the window are not accessable. I can see the top border of the buttons but cannot see their contents. On all my other XP machines I would be able to "mouse down" the top of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and be able to see the button content but not on this computer. I assume if a higher resolution mode was available it would also make the entire window visible, but it's not available. This window will not go away until I complete it, i.e., if I just x close it, it immediately reopens but I still cannot complete it. Even after a cold reboot it still comes back, waiting to be completed. Will I have to uninstall UVNC to get rid of it? But how can I complete its configuration when I can't see the buttons?? Would hooking up an external monitor help? Frustrating. :?:

reddawg, Jan 13, 2011
  2. reddawg

Swarvey Moderator

Please use the search function, there have been several posts about this in the past.

The most effective method I've seen (used, and still use) is the registry tweak. Open regedit and search for Display1_DownScalingSupported, change the value to 1. Repeat the search until you've replaced all the values, then reboot, and you should then be able to choose higher resolutions.

Swarvey, Jan 13, 2011
Ask a Question