Can't seem to find budget laptop with bright colour accurate screen and RTX40 series GPU

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Aigo, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Aigo

Aigo

I'm at wits end here. I had all sorts of prerequisites when I started looking two weeks ago, like USB4/Thunderbolt, no gamer red keyboard, but those have gone out the window at this point.

I'm in Europe (QWERTY region). I am starting a 3D/VR heavy design course in September. My budget is not above 1000 euro by much. I am currently on an OLED 5500u laptop, and hate to lose the OLED, but I will be needing a dedicated GPU, and do want to aim for RTX40 series at least, for frame gen. But getting that with an IPS screen approaching 100% RGB and at least 300 nits seems to be impossible. It's frustrating being able to get an OLED for 750 or so, but nobody seems to be willing to throw in a 4050 for 200 more. Every budget gaming laptop recently seems to be using this dull 144hz panel that can't even hit 300 nits. That's crazy to me, in the 2020's.

I'm currently looking at this model (https://www.amazon.es/Lenovo-LOQ-Ordenador-i5-12450H-RTX4050-6GB/dp/B0CRZQ3HXH/) but the amazon listing is telling me it's only 45%NTSC? Surely that's incorrect for a Gen 8 Lenovo LOQ? The Lenovo page for this model number says its' 100%RGB, but also states the model number should have a 165hz screen, but the amazon listing states 144hz. Is the Amazon listing just wrong? Is there a third party database that catalogues the actual performance of laptop monitors?

The amount of configurations globally is also a real headache. Just put out one config of a few different lines and stop with the deception and penny pinching...

Are there new laptops coming out soon? When is the time of year when there are new launches? Is now the best 'back to school' time to be buying, or do heavier discounts appear into September? Are there other EU websites apart from Amazon that I should be looking into instead?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aigo, Aug 26, 2024
Ask a Question