Can't start-up Aspire One

Discussion in 'Linux' started by frooj, Aug 2, 2009.

1. frooj

frooj

I turned on my A1 and it stuck on the blue screen with 'Aspire One' in the corner. Rebooted twice, same problem.

I went into setup the next time I rebooted and changed all the passwords to the same thing. When it booted up it asks for 'CURRENT password' - so I enter the password I have used, and used when I first set-up the A1. Asks again, and after 3 times the message is 'SYSTEM WILL HALT! Press Any Key'.

Now I can't get on, and I'm worried. Any help guys? :|

frooj, Aug 2, 2009
  2. frooj

frooj

I had to write it in capitals!

But now I'm stuck on the Aspire One screen again, with the Caps Lock LED flashing...

frooj, Aug 2, 2009
  3. frooj

andreswebb

I had the same problem with the booting getting stuck on the blue Acer Aspire screen. I emailed Acer. It's a fault with the computer short circuiting and needs to be sent to their technical centre for repair. Mine even managed to boot itself after a while (about 10 minutes waiting), but then failed to boot another 4 times over the next month, before I realised if I didn't get it repaired then, it would be out of warranty. Since getting it back, I've had no problems.

andreswebb, Aug 5, 2009
Ask a Question