cant use cardreader on the right

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dale, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dale

dale

Hello there fellow AA1 users!

I just recently installed xp pro sp3 to my AA1 (full install with Fat32 as filesystem). boot up is a breeze! installed all drivers whala! a nice UMPC. i thought this was a fairy tale story but upon installing cardreader driver, it encountered error...

"shxx.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience."

with this, i cant use any card on the right side.

Does anyone encountered this? if so, any solutions. i really want this AA1. This was the first gadget i ever bought with my own money.... :roll:

dale, Oct 15, 2008
  2. dale

goofball

Are you running the installation program or are you doing the driver install manually? I always do my driver installs manually, i would suggest you try doing it manually as well. Use the "update driver" wizard to navigate to the location of the card reader driver files.

goofball, Oct 15, 2008
  3. dale

dale

thanx for the reply! actually, i install all the drivers as soon as i set up my xp. didn't encounter the problem when i ws still using ntfs filesystem... if i do it manually, what's the procedure? :?:

dale, Oct 16, 2008
  4. dale

dale

Found out the answer! (i guess...) after installing xp, i first installed the card reader driver before the chipset. I also copied the driver installer in drive c: and execute it... :lol:

dale, Oct 16, 2008
  5. dale

donec

The inability of computers seeing the SD card readers is not an AA1 problem nor an XP problem nor a Linux problem but is a problem with the drivers made for the SD card readers. The problem shows up in netbooks, laptops, desktops, Windows computers and Linux computers. I don't know about Mac's.

donec, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question