Car Charger for the Aspire One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chmodx, Aug 12, 2008.

1. chmodx

chmodx

Back when I had a EeePC, I had the Radioshack universal DC cord, which goes up to 12V. I'm under the impression our chargers are 19V output(1.58A) Any idea what happens when you hook up the 12V DC Radioshack charger to the Aspire One?

Anyone know besides shops in the UK that sell car chargers?

chmodx, Aug 12, 2008
  2. chmodx

Trond

I have an Vanson SDR-70W and it work perfect with AA1

Link to produkt: http://www.vanson.com.hk/details/vansonnel2024a.html

And an ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-DC-...12|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Trond, Aug 12, 2008
  3. chmodx

Guest Guest

that power supply quotes 3.5A @ 19V. the AA1 power supply states an output of 1.5A @ 19V. i'm not quite sure how (if) that's going to affect the long-term viability of your hardware, but it might be something worth considering...

Guest, Aug 13, 2008
  4. chmodx

Trond

A*V=W
    This powersupply is able to deliver up to 70 Watt.
    The One pull max 30 Watt so this is not a problem.
    Whats important is the voltage, to low you may burn your powersupply, to high will turn your computer into a brick.

70 watt is suitable for most laptops but beware that some high performance machines require 90 Watt

Trond, Aug 13, 2008
  5. chmodx

UTS

It will be fine, the power supply can put a maximum of 3.5 Amps out, but it will not force the device to take it. Voltage on the other hand must match (I've used "very close" before for short time frames and gotten away with it but no promises you won't fry something).

UTS, Aug 14, 2008
  6. chmodx

Guest Guest

fair enough, that's what i was wondering. i'm half way through a course in circuit theory, but we're only doing basic circuits at the minute and haven't covered things like power supply circuitry yet :).

Guest, Aug 14, 2008
  7. chmodx

oldskooladdict

What about a UK based one? - I have seen the one on eBay but I am concerned if this 'generic' one will be suitable for the Aspire and will not damage it longer term.

oldskooladdict, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question