Cases for the Aspire one?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kaymm2, Aug 25, 2008.

1. kaymm2

cold

I bought this one, is very good quality.[attachment=0:2osdfjpr]21DOSA5OnaL._SS400_[1].jpg[/attachment:2osdfjpr]

cold, Nov 19, 2008
  2. kaymm2

MiniDrivr

I posted in the other thread but I got this case last week and it fits the 6 cell just fine. With room for the power brick, cord. It has a velcro pocket behind the zipped smaller pocket visible in the image also.

MiniDrivr, Nov 28, 2008
  3. kaymm2

nmesisca

hi mate,
    would you have a link for this please?

thanks
    N

nmesisca, Nov 28, 2008
  4. kaymm2

Dougmeister

This might fit the AAO:

FAR $12 Belkin Neoprene at Amazon. Free shipping over $25. Check out SlickFillers to reach $25 in filler items if you don't have Amazon Prime.

Belkin F8N082-MHR 7-Inch Neoprene Sleeve for Netbooks - Monument/Highrise (Gray)

Rebate form - good through 12/31/08

I realize that the title even says it is a 7" sleeve, but the "Technical Details" on Amazon says:

"Fits laptops up to 8.86-Inch x 6.30-Inch x 1.26-Inch "

I mean, 8.86 isn't 9, but still... ;-) Someone on Slickdeals pointed out that the dimensions are 1.1" x 9.8" x 6.7" and therefore too wide and a little too deep. AAO dimensions are supposedly 9.8"x6.7"x1.14"

Thoughts?

Dougmeister, Dec 19, 2008
  5. kaymm2

MathProfJohnson

I have one of these I used to carry a Fujitsu p1610 in and although it is loose, it is great.

If you want a more snug fit I just bought a 10" zeroshock case from eBay and will post when I am sure the netbook fits.

MathProfJohnson, Dec 20, 2008
  6. kaymm2

MathProfJohnson

These usually stretch so I would give it a try.

MathProfJohnson, Dec 20, 2008
  7. kaymm2

SueWNY

I don't see why anyone would want a white case. It would show every scuff and mark and look filthy pretty quickly....

SueWNY, Jan 3, 2009
  8. kaymm2

TWW

I echo the endorsement of DVD player cases.

I went shopping today (Richmond, VA, USA) for a case at four stores: Wal-Mart, Staples Office Supply, Circuit City, and Best Buy. Oh, a fifth, a Christian Book Store (A large Bible case is just about the right size).

The least expensive was a "DVD Player Sleeve" at Circuit City, $10 US. It had neither a handle nor any auxiliary storage pockets, so I decided not to buy it.

Most interesting was the range at Best Buy. If you went to the Macbook Accessories area, you could get a reasonable case for $90. Near the Windows laptops were a few smallish cases, for $30 - $50. But at the portable DVD player department was a very nice selection, all nicely padded, including a simple lightweight neoprene foam case for $20, and a very full-featured (lots of pockets) padded cloth case for $30.

I think that DVD players are assumed to be used by children, so their cases are priced lower than stuff that's targeted at netbook owners, and much lower than Macintosh owners.

I chose the lightweight neoprene one, which has a handle, shoulder strap, and a couple of thin pockets (just big enough for the power supply). It's the init (brand) 10.4" portable DVD player sleeve. If I find myself hauling a lot of Other Stuff with my A1, I might go back and get a larger case, but for now, this one feels right.

-Tom Williams

TWW, Jan 3, 2009
  9. kaymm2

cigarman

I bought a leather Bible cover that zips shut at a local discount store. Perfect fit for my 6 cell and it cost less than 1- bucks.

cigarman, Jan 5, 2009
  10. kaymm2

danielh

danielh, Jan 7, 2009
  11. kaymm2

phatpinoy38

Anyone try out this one by seynx?

http://www.amazon.com/Aspire-Mini-Noteb ... 429&sr=8-1

Looks nice with memory foam. Anyone have any experiences with this product?
    I kind of want a case that protects, but also provides room for additional accessories aside from the power plug. I plan on getting a wireless mouse and lugging around a couple of wireless 360 controllers. Any recommendations? If not, I suppose I can get the seynx and just get another bag for other stuff.

phatpinoy38, Jan 7, 2009
  12. kaymm2

danielh

alright. i have it in my hands right now.
    I must say that it suits less well than i expected. the case is a bit too big for the netbook (3cell)
    advantage is that expanding to a 9cell should not be an issue. even the adaptor could be carried within the case, although i question whether this is a smart thing to do..

danielh, Jan 7, 2009
  13. kaymm2

MDJ

I got the Solo Tech instant messenger netbook bag for Christmas, been using it a few weeks now, it's pretty nice, though kinda small if you like to carry more than your netbook and a couple accessories. I did a little "review" (more like a list of pictures of the bag) on my personal site, http://mdj.us/netbook-accessories/solo- ... ag-review/

MDJ, Jan 12, 2009
  14. kaymm2

stepppy

That's the one I have got my eye on, after receiving a very dissapointing NON leather (even though described as such) case from Hong Kong via eBay.

Only problem is I am in the UK and when I tried to buy it today, the price suddenly jumped $30, unless I signed up for an Amazon Credit Card. Don't know why Amazon UK dont sell it :(

BTW Does that case have a shoulder strap too?

stepppy, Jan 12, 2009
  15. kaymm2

hoyin007

hoyin007, Jan 12, 2009
  16. kaymm2

lohtse

lohtse, Jan 12, 2009
  17. kaymm2

Peaty

Peaty, Jan 12, 2009
  18. kaymm2

stepppy

That's just like the one I bought off eBay, but it was such a tight fit and it wasn't leather (but described as such) I sent it back. Also the catch was very weak :cry:

stepppy, Jan 13, 2009
  19. kaymm2

burgsturbler

I just got a case today, eBay item 140289980782.

It's a tiny bit large for the AspireOne, but it's quite well made, has front pockets for bits and bobs, but check out the price!

burgsturbler, Jan 13, 2009
  20. kaymm2

stepppy

Great price, but I want to get a case that is more of a snug fit.

I quite like this one, but I am not sure if the 8.9" they refer to is the screen size of the physical size of the case. Odd that I can't find it on Belkin's website :?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Netb...3N98Y3UHEPWUM&s=generic&qid=1231836988&sr=1-1

stepppy, Jan 13, 2009
Ask a Question