Celtx opening file problem. Extension issue?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Platypusman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Platypusman

Platypusman

Hey fellow AAOers, got a question, I'm assuming it's fairly tricky because a quick google search left me none the wiser. At least it means it's more difficult than my previous problems, where lurking and the power of google did it. Anyway, enough dallying, to the problem.

After some fiddeling, I succeeded to add the scriptwriting software celtx to my AAO, but now I have problems opening the .celtx-files it makes. Annoyingly, linux seems to treat the celtx-files as they were zip files, also when trying to open them with celtx, leaving me far up the proverbial creek. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance
    -V-

Platypusman, Feb 2, 2009
  2. Platypusman

mattytee

Can you clarify please?

I believe you mean that if you double-click a .celtx file in Thunar file manager, you get the Xarchiver app instead of celtx.

When celtx is running, and you go to File and click Open, then choose a .celtx file, it should open within celtx.

What error do you get, or what happens, when you follow that sequence of steps?

mattytee, Feb 4, 2009
  3. Platypusman

Platypusman

Well, when trying to open a .celtx file from the 'open' command in celtx, i find none, although there is a freshly created file there. When trying to open that via right click, choosing "open with celtx," I get the following error message

Celtx version: 1.0
    Locale: en-US
    Exception: Project file must be a .rdf file

Stack:
    JS frame :: chrome://celtx/content/celtx.js :: loadProject :: line 327
    JS frame :: chrome://celtx/content/celtx.js :: loaded :: line 101
    JS frame :: chrome://celtx/content/celtx.xul :: onload :: line 1
    native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0

Platypusman, Feb 4, 2009
  4. Platypusman

mattytee

mattytee, Feb 5, 2009