Change harddrive on Aspire One A150

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by soujoy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. soujoy

soujoy

Hi!

I bought a bigger S-ATA 2,5" harddrive for my Aspire One A150 XP version. I havent started the work yet and before i start i just wanted to know if there is anyone here that have done this before and im looking for some small tips and tricks to do it correct. I Dont think it would be any problems for me but im just qurious if there is anyone out here that have done this before.. I think i will upgrade the RAM at the same time as well.. The One can only have 1,5gb max right?

Cheers

soujoy, Sep 2, 2008
  2. soujoy

fletch33

i upgraded my HDD to a 250GB 7200RPM and put 1GB ram in it while i was at it with no problems. it took about 30 minutes total for me. if you want a sneak peak at what to expect i suggest watching tnkgrl's video. it is for the solid state but gives you a good idea and it also suggests some cool upgrades.

good luck

fletch33, Sep 2, 2008
  3. soujoy

goofball

Yes, it can only have 1.5GB total so you can put in a 1GB module.

you have to disconnect everything, pretty much, to get the HDD out since it is directly connected to the board (no cable) and you have to take the whole board out. That means removing the wireless card and the daughterboard holding the sound/usb/card reader on the right side. Not necessary but I also disconnected the speakers to be able to swap the hard disk and install ram. You can remove the cable from the board for the speakers if you prefer.

goofball, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question