Change HDD to multi region use

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by oldbill, Feb 25, 2009.

1. oldbill

oldbill

I have some American (region 1) educational software. How do I change HDD to multi region use? Any sugestions welcomed.

oldbill, Feb 25, 2009
  2. oldbill

donec

I for one have no idea what is meant by "Change HDD to multi region use". A more detailed statement of what the problem is and what you want may help. I don't see how the Hard Drive (HD) can be set regionally but the software can have copywrite protection that keeps it from being used in other regions.

donec, Feb 25, 2009
  3. oldbill

melhiore

Never heard about HDD with build-in GPS?? Those smart bastards can detect where they are - that's why he needs to change this option to "multiregion" ;)

melhiore, Feb 25, 2009
  4. oldbill

donec

Are you saying that I can go out and buy a harddisk drive and install it in my computer and have GPS? All the GPS devices that I have heard of were a separate circuit with in the device and not part of a harddisk drive.

donec, Feb 25, 2009
  5. oldbill

melhiore

I was trying to be sarcastic... Never heard about any regional HDD setings...

melhiore, Feb 25, 2009
  6. oldbill

dskid807

American Software should install on any PC fine. I've used software from all over the world on my various pcs. A region lock on a HDD would not be feasible and would be quite expensive with no real gain to it, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

dskid807, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question