CHANGE OS? (LINUX --> Windows)

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by h.ay, Nov 26, 2009.

1. h.ay

h.ay

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Preface to the moderators on AcerAspireOneUser Forum:

If this thread is not appropriate for this section of AcerAspireOneUser forum, please inform me about this and/or or move it, please!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello!

This is my first post here on AcerAspireOneUser forum but I will try to make it as clear as possible.
    As the title reads as it is about to install Windows on a netbook with Linux operating system installed.

Here is where the story:

I decided to buy a netbook for the studies sake, I bought an Acer Aspire One D531, with the operating system 'Windows XP Home Edition' installed.
    After some months I had grown tired of Windows XP, said and done, I installed the Linux distrobution 'Moblin' on my netbook using a 2GB USB memory stick, and soon did I found that Moblin was not anything for me, and now I really regret that I switched operating system. * :( *

I heard that an external (USB) CD/DVD-reader will make the computer as before, but I don't really know how to switch operating system that way. I tried to plug it in, I put the CD in the CD/DVD-reader, restarted the computer, Pressed F2 to get into BIOS-menu. I changed the boot options, put the "USB CD" (or something) as first in the list. Then Tried to boot, but it started Moblin as always. * :shock: *

Someone who has experienced this who would like to share their knowledge?
    I would be very grateful for answers!

Thanks in advance!

~* h.ay *~

h.ay, Nov 26, 2009
  2. h.ay

UnicornFightClub

Make sure the USB CD/DVD reader is plugged in before you set the boot options, and double check that the right device is set as the first boot device. Make sure the recovery disc is in the drive and not some other disc, and it should work. If it still won't boot I would call Acer support, they should know how to restore the computer.

UnicornFightClub, Nov 27, 2009
Ask a Question