CHANGE THE WIFI CHANNEL

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lobo5-15, Aug 2, 2009.

1. lobo5-15

lobo5-15

Hi,

Does somebody know how to change the wifi channel on the wireless atheros card? I'm tried in the device manager (Win XP) on the propierties -- advanced of the wireless card, but there are only options about power save modes. thanks for help me, and by the way...awesome forum.

Att. Lobito de las Mercedes

lobo5-15, Aug 2, 2009
  2. lobo5-15

DutchDK

Are you trying to setup an ad-hoc connection, or connecting to an accesspoint ?

If you are connecting to an WiFi accespoint, the channel in use is controlled by the accespoint. That means you have to login to the accesspoints administrative interface to change the channel.
    The WiFi NIC (the atheros card) will use the channel of the accesspoint automatically, when you authenticate and connect with the accesspoint.

DutchDK, Aug 2, 2009
  3. lobo5-15

lobo5-15

Nop, i´m trying with an ad hoc network. Is it possible to change the wifi channel in this kind of networks with the atheros card (the other is a D-link card)?

Thanks for your help

lobo5-15, Aug 16, 2009
Ask a Question