Changing desktops ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mish2, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mish2

mish2

In the option of 'Install or remove software' there are the possible utilities and apps on the left and different desktops on the right including the xfce desktop which is my current selection. I have the option to install the Gnome desktop or the KDE desktop. Can I have all three in Linpus Linux Lite? ie will I have an icon option for switching between desktops? I don't want to lose my current xfce setup but would like to try something different.
    thanx in advance h

mish2, Oct 15, 2008
  2. mish2

rbil

If your AAO has 512MB of RAM, then Gnome or KDE will be too resource demanding to run decently. Typically desktop environments are changeable when one first logs into the system. Since this Linpus system is customized so that logins are not required, I'm not sure how you'd be able to switch desktop environments? I'm sure it's possible with some tweaking. Search for a discussion here on how to force logins and you'll find the answer as to how to get a login screen.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question