Citrix Client Install

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by egearing, Aug 20, 2008.

1. egearing

egearing

I would like to request a how-to guide on the installation of the citrix client. I've done a lot of investigating out there and was able to install openmotif and the citrix client from the citrix website, but I cannot get it to run properly, esp the web client portion. This would make a great addition to the Aspire One I think. Thanks,

egearing, Aug 20, 2008
  2. egearing

Sid

Anyone?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. egearing

Trond

Trond, Aug 25, 2008
  4. egearing

mista2

I also had to add libXp-1.0.0-8.fc8.i386.rpm to get libXp.so.6 which is required for openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.3.i386.rpm.
    Then installed the ICA client from ICAClient-10.6-1.i386.rpm

( I also had some issues getting the .rpm file from Citrix's download servers, it kept trying to open the download as a web page. I ended up having to find a Windows PC and download with IE, then copy to the Aspire.

When looking for the application when launcing from a citrix web portal in Firefox, use /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica.

mista2, Aug 27, 2008
  5. egearing

egearing

Thanks for your help. I read everything from those links and I still have not had any success. At work we have citrix web access and when I click on one of those links, it looks as though citrix starts to open, then it just goes away... nothing happens. So, I don't think I have it setup right. I added a cert, but I never had to do that before for citrix web access thru firefox. I don't know where to go from here, but thanks anyway. I appreciate the help.

egearing, Sep 13, 2008
  6. egearing

oneuserp

The following instructions (mentioned above)

Code:
    http://fedorasolved.org/Members/imerhebi/installing-citrix-metaframe-presentation-client-on 
    followed by a hunch that I needed libxcb and libXp

Code:
    yum install libxcb libXp
    ( otherwise I get 'wfica: xcb_xlib.c:41: xcb_xlib_lock: Assertion `!c->xlib.lock' failed.')

and (to get the plugin in firefox)

Code:
    ln -s /usr/lib/ICAClient/npica.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    Works for me with Firefox connecting to work Citrix server ..

oneuserp, Oct 26, 2008
  7. egearing

oneuserp

Try running firefox from a terminal, you may see an error message that will help.

ALT+F2 - blank out program box, tick the 'run in terminal' box, press run, type
    Code:
    firefox

oneuserp, Oct 26, 2008
  8. egearing

msamuel

I tried everything mentioned in this thread. I keep getting either the assert or a dialog box saying that the SSL server is not available (after a *long* delay).

Any ideas ?

It works fine on my desktop Ubuntu 8.10 box.

msamuel, Dec 7, 2008
Ask a Question