Clarity of my screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cdafoe, Aug 3, 2009.

1. cdafoe

cdafoe

I have had my aspire one for about 3 months now and today, I can hardly read the type in my emails and the online type. I have not changed anything and I'm the only one use uses this computer

Thanks for your help

cdafoe, Aug 3, 2009
  2. cdafoe

DutchDK

From the description you gave, there can only be one of two reasons for your problem.

Possibility 1:
    Your eyesight has seriously detoriated over the last 3 months, which could be an indication of glaucoma or similar lens related illness - Run, don't walk, to the nearest Ophthalmologist for a checkup, and possible treatment.

Possibility 2:
    You have inadvertently managed to zoom out when using the webbrowser. Twofinger zoom is active on the AAO touchpad, and if you are resting one finger on the left button, while using another finger on the touchpad, you might have zoomed out, if the resting finger was touching the touchpad also.
    Open the webbrowser on a web page, then place two fingers next to each other in the middle of the touchpad, and move the fingers away from each other - the webpage should zoom out then, making the text smaller. This can happen if one finger is resting on the edge of the touchpad, and you use the other finger to move the mousecursor.
    To zoom in again, place the two fingers at each edge of the touchpad, and move them towards each other.
    You should be able to disable this functionality in the advanced settings for the Touchpad in the control panel (windows XP). If you are using a Linpus Linux based AAO, then you need to install the gsynaptics controlpanel to disable the functionality, as far as I recall.

It could ofcourse also be a combination of possibility 1 and possibility 2... ;)

DutchDK, Aug 4, 2009
Ask a Question