Clicking sounds..

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by akaye47, Dec 1, 2008.

1. akaye47

akaye47

I just got an AA1 yesterday and every hour or so, I hear a click.. It sounds as if the fan clicks once, not very loud or noticeable but I've taken note to it. Is there any fear? And does anyone else experience similar sounds?

akaye47, Dec 1, 2008
  2. akaye47

goofball

are you sure that isn't the hard drive?

goofball, Dec 1, 2008
  3. akaye47

akaye47

I'm not sure... that is why I am asking if I should get it checked out or if it's not really a big deal. I mean my desktop makes a lot of noises and I haven;t had a problem.

I have heard it may have something to do with the HD and power management or something.. The clicking noise isn't even very loud, but I don't want a new product that is defective. I'm thinking of going to Walmart to see if they do any type of exchange, but I'm not sure about their customer service.

akaye47, Dec 1, 2008
  4. akaye47

goofball

download a1ctl, and try the option to stop the ticking HDD. If that works, then it is normal and just the drive heads parking on the hard drive.

goofball, Dec 1, 2008
  5. akaye47

akaye47

i downloaded the program and tried unzipping... i see the .exe files but nothing. it doesn't do anything. i'm not an idiot when it comes to computers- but the program really gives me no options to even click an option to stop hard drive clicking.

akaye47, Dec 1, 2008
  6. akaye47

akaye47

ok so now i have extracted it and everything.. but it only says

Run Time Error

Can't find Windl.00

or something along those lines.

akaye47, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question