Clock keeps changing time

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by danigarriga, Sep 22, 2009.

1. danigarriga

danigarriga

Hi everyone!

The clock in my Linux based AA1 keeps changing the time. I have read in other websites that the problem could be that the BIOS battery is low, but I bought my Netbook not long ago (5 or 6 months the most).

Anyone could help?

If the reason is that the BIOS battery is low, how do I change it? Would I loose my current configuration and / or any data? Would I loose my warranty?

Thanks in advance.

danigarriga, Sep 22, 2009
  2. danigarriga

melhiore

Are you sure system time is not overwritten by Linux OS?? In that case there is nothing o do with CMOS battery and all you need to review is OS time settings...

melhiore, Sep 22, 2009
  3. danigarriga

danigarriga

Thank you very much for your reply, melhiore. Unfortunately the operating system time was correctly set, so I figure I will have to change the CMOS battery, unless you can think of something elseā€¦

Do you know where it is located? Am I going to loose my current configuration and / or any data? And what about my warranty?

Thanks again.

danigarriga, Sep 23, 2009
  4. danigarriga

melhiore

Actually AA1 can run w/o battery ;) All you going to loose is current time which can be updated by OS during boot or after startup - it's not a big issue.

Baterry is located inside of AA1. You need to open netbook to see it. It's round, flat piece of metal - you can not overlook it :)

melhiore, Sep 23, 2009
Ask a Question