Codec

Discussion in 'Linux' started by runway66, Aug 17, 2009.

1. runway66

runway66

Hi, I have a problem trying to install and play some CD-ROMS with coarse material I need to study. I have the AAO with Linux and an external CD/DVD drive, I load the disk into the drive and then click on my documents, then click on the disk in 'my disk' then open the file. Then i get this message 'cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x46365056'.
    Please can you advise what to do
    Regards
    Runway66

runway66, Aug 17, 2009
  2. runway66

fweigel

Going out on a limb, because this isn't my area...

It seems that you are trying to play back some video content, that uses the video codec "F6PV". Seems that the codec is used for (mostly) Japanese anime. I wouldn't imagine that the codec comes with a Linpus system. Your best bet is to play the CD on a Mac or Windows (or whatever) system, along with the supporting software.

Alternatively, I could help you in installing a codec pack, and we could see if that solves it (but don't put too much faith in that). My recommendation is to play it on whatever the CD is meant to be played on.

fweigel, Aug 24, 2009
Ask a Question