Compatible Mobile Broadband Services in the UK

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by skanedog, Nov 24, 2008.

1. skanedog

skanedog

Hi all, I bought my Acer on Friday last week and so far loving it. I got the 1gb, 120Mb HDD Linpus version (it's white if that makes any difference... ;) ) and using this forum have so far enabled my right-click commands and been happily using Instant Messenger and playing Beneath a Steel Sky when I should have been working/sleeping/using it for something useful.

Got a quick question though (more relevant to any UK folks here I imagine) - I've read thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6884 but found it a tad on the confusing side. I have been considering buying a PAYG mobile dongle so in a pinch I can use the 'book when there's not a wifi spot nearby but I'm not sure if either of the main providers (3 or Virgin Mobile) services are compatible without tinkering. Anyone using either of these services at the moment without troubles?

skanedog, Nov 24, 2008
  2. skanedog

Duncan_Rowland

I use T-Mobile in the UK without a hitch (with an E220 modem).
    I think their web'n'walk PAYG rate at the moment is £2 a day for "unlimited" usage that day.

Duncan_Rowland, Nov 24, 2008
  3. skanedog

skanedog

Thanks very much, I take it by "unlimited" it's one of those wonderful "You can look at over 3 You Tube videos a month!" type deals :D

skanedog, Nov 24, 2008
  4. skanedog

OneLadyOwner

See the 3G/HSPDA section: I have a prepaid Three \Network HUAWEI E160G USB modem and I am using it under LINUX., thanks to this forum. You will find instructions for downloading the driver and setting a profile.

OneLadyOwner, Nov 26, 2008
  5. skanedog

barrie

barrie, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question