Compiz and xfce4 on Linpus Lite

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by arobic, May 28, 2010.

1. arobic

arobic

Hi experts!

I have an AA1 110L running under the original Linpus Lite (recently recovered using the 1.0.21E version of the OS) and I am desperately trying to get Compiz to run at startup on the machine. I have fusion-icon installed and I've tried both to add fusion-icon to the /usr/share/search-bar/start-search_bar.sh file (trick given by Heretic Studios) and to add compiz-manager to the startup sequence using xfce4-autostart-editor (trick given by The Dismantler) and none of these worked. Running compiz-manager or fusion-icon at the CLI works absolutely fine though...

I have another issue though, that I suspect might have a link to all this: when I run the CompizConfig Settings Manager (either from the command line "ccsm" command or from the desktop menu), it doesn't keep the modifications I do to it (i.e. if I click to enable Expo and I close the window, lo and behold, when I open it the next time, Expo is disabled...). I am not sure why that is, any idea? Could it be linked to the issue I have with Compiz at startup?

Also, side question: When I start and stop Compiz at the CLI, it resets my Workspace settings in xfce (from 4 to the default value of 1 for the number of workspaces). Anybody knows why that is and how to fix it?

Ok, that's a lot of questions... but any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Andrée

arobic, May 28, 2010
Ask a Question