Compiz Under 8.10 - Animations

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Andysan, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Andysan

Andysan

Hi all,

Now that everythings running a bit smoother, i've switched Compiz back on because i'm a sucker for fancy graphical tomfoolery. Anyway, i'm trying to configure compiz via the CompizConfig Settings Manager, and seem to be having some problems. By default, wobbly windows and the "Super+Tab" window picker are enabled, and i can turn these on and off and see the changes take place. All good so far then.

However, when i turn on the Animations feature, i don't get any animations. I would like to enable the paper aeroplane window effect, but it's just not happening for me. Does anyone know how i can switch it on please? If i close the settings manager and reopen it, my choices are still selected so all looks OK. The cube window is another nicety that i can enable but apparently not use, again no error message or apparent reason why.

Only thing that made me think about the aeroplane minimize effect is that i am using AWN, but that shouldnt affect it should it?

I am running Intrepid on the 8GB SSD model with 512MB of brain cells.

Thanks!

Andysan, Dec 9, 2008
  2. Andysan

Andysan

Andysan, Dec 9, 2008
Ask a Question