Computer Is Gonna Die HELP!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by r0underss, Nov 11, 2008.

1. r0underss

r0underss

I got a sticky situation on my hands here, First off when i bought the AspireOne it was working good! when you load the computer and doing your business things are fine you couldn't even hear a Single Sound! now its been only 1month and when i do Turn On my Computer it has a Loud Noise like my MotherBoard is gonna Shut Down Please if someone know what to do Message Me cause i don't want to send my Computer Into Acer Corporation when its like Brand New Basically? Any Ideas?

r0underss, Nov 11, 2008
  2. r0underss

Yaniel

what model is it? hdd or ssd, what exactly is a sound from the motherboard like its going to shut off? does it turn off? beyond the sound is it doing anything else?

Yaniel, Nov 11, 2008
  3. r0underss

r0underss

its a hdd, the sound is like a fan going louder and louder each time it loads like its going to completely go black screen and shut off but nothing happens because i want to prevent it from happening so i turn it off for a day, but the next day its back to normal till windows load up again then the sound appears again, it sounds like " chick chick chick chick "

r0underss, Nov 11, 2008
  4. r0underss

goofball

does the HDD LED light up when you here those tick noises?
    it sounds like a combination of perhaps the system fan being noisy, and the hard drive making the head parking noises? or perhaps it is something else as well?

goofball, Nov 11, 2008
  5. r0underss

r0underss

yeah it lights up for an example, sometimes it happens when window is logging in, second loading programs like AOL, MSN and Peer-to-Peer Programs ect... if its the fan being noisy it never happen before reason why i said the motherboard cause it happen to my other computer and the motherboard got fried but i hope its the fan but it doesn't sound like it

r0underss, Nov 12, 2008
  6. r0underss

djt205

Motherboards don't make noise :)

If the system 'hangs' while it's making the Tick Tick Tick then it's almost definately a hard drive problem, unless I'm misinterpreting the noise.

djt205, Nov 13, 2008
  7. r0underss

Tamrac

Does it sound like the fan blades hitting something? Or a clicking sound from the HDD.... I suspect a dying Hardrive. That's the click of death you're hearing. That happens when you move the laptop around alot when it's on.

Tamrac, Nov 13, 2008
  8. r0underss

r0underss

thanks for everyones concern, yes it is a CHICK CHICK CHICK noise, probally it is the harddrive what can i do to prevent it

r0underss, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question