Computer Won't Start?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ish, May 28, 2009.

1. ish

ish

Pardon my stupidity, I'm not computer saavy at all. I have an AAO with linux.

I was having trouble with my computer not going past the blue AAO screen this morning. I have had this problem several times in the past, and have sent my computer to Acer twice for that problem. I tried doing this:

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/fo...m/us&siteid=7293&words=all&keywords=&areaid=7

It went through to the reboot stage once and wouldn't get past the blue screen. I tried again and now my computer won't display anything at all. I turn my computer on, and I just get a black screen. I tried calling Acer support but I could not understand anything the man was saying.

What can I do to fix this? I've had this computer for 6 months and I've had so many problems, and I'm about to throw it through a window. I can't afford to pay someone to fix it, hell, it took me 8 months of saving to buy the darn thing.

ish, May 28, 2009
  2. ish

jerryt

jerryt, May 28, 2009
  3. ish

ish

Okay, so I formatted my stick with FAT, and redid everything. Now it's just running indefinitely. It's been 25 minutes already and the power light is still blinking.

ish, May 28, 2009
  4. ish

jerryt

You press "FN" and "ESC", then press power, wait a few seconds and release "FN" and "ESC", Power light should be flashing. Press the power button once again. after a few seconds the light stops flashing, but you have to wait for the computer to reboot.

If the light never stops flashing after the second press, I would suspect the the bios file was not renamed properly (ZG5IA32.FD), so the computer is not runing the bios update.

jerryt, May 28, 2009
  5. ish

z 7 ant

Hey, does doing this lose anything on your hard drive?

If so is there a way to copy my hard drive contents to an external drive before I do this with my acer not powering up?

z 7 ant, Jul 5, 2009
  6. ish

jerryt

This just writes to the Bios, hard drive is not touched.

To get data off the hard drive with out a working Bios would require removing the hard drive and mounting in an external enclosure.

jerryt, Jul 5, 2009
Ask a Question