configure amarok window problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by quarknimble, Dec 20, 2008.

1. quarknimble

quarknimble

another problem im having with amarok is that the bottom of the Configure-Amarok window is off the bottom of the screen and i cannot raise it to expose the buttons at the bottom which are necessary to apply and save options. any solution to this?

quarknimble, Dec 20, 2008
  2. quarknimble

ryanc021

Alt+left-mouse-click,
    ...and use the touchpad/mouse to move the window up ;)

there's a few other keyboard shortcuts and tips here viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8077,
    that might also be of some help.

ryanc021, Dec 21, 2008
  3. quarknimble

quarknimble

man, i feel like a moron. i used to do this in windows. but its not working. alt+left mouse doesnt lock it into move mode for me; as soon as i release the mouse click, its out of move mode. and even if im still pressing alt+mouse, the window will not move UP. it will go off the screen to the left, right, and bottom, but wont budge past the top of the screen, leaving me with invisible bottom buttons of the amarok configuration window.

quarknimble, Dec 21, 2008
  4. quarknimble

ryanc021

Mate, I didn't know the thing existed in the first place, I was stuck for a week before by chance finding a solution :oops:

I'm guessing your using compiz, if so just put this in the terminal
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --set /apps/compiz/plugins/move/allscreens/options/constrain_y --type bool 0 
    and that should enable you to use alt+left-click.

ryanc021, Dec 21, 2008
Ask a Question