Conky - How to get CPU temp

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nikomax, Dec 29, 2008.

1. nikomax

nikomax

Hello there,

Just finishing up getting my Aspire one to the way I want it and I thought it would be nice if I i could run conky to keep check on the health of the hardware. One of the things i was most interested in was the CPU temp as i have done the Fan mod, however I keep getting this error:

Code:
    Conky: can't open '/sys/bus/i2c/devices/9191-0290/temp2_input': No such file or directory
    Now I know that the folder 9191-0290 might not be the same on my Aspire One but the devices directory is empty. However I found a folder called i2c-adaptor in /sys/class/ and was wondering if that was the set of files that was meant to be in the i2c folder. It turns out that that the dir /sys/class/i2c-adaptor/i2c-0/ is a symbolic link as well. Also, I tried making my own symbolic link from the 12c-0 link to the i2c folder as root, but I kept getting operation not permitted.

Well I have no idea what to do here or really what i2c really is. Does anyone know and/or have a solution to this?

Thanks

nikomax, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question