connect aspire one d250 to crt tv

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cofibach, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cofibach

cofibach

Hello
    Where would I find how to connect my netbook Acer aspire One d250 0Bb [Window XP]to the TV.

I have a CRT TV with just RCA Red-White-Yellow female connection. I've purchased a cable with VGA and Red-Green-Blue Male connectors.

I have connected the AVG end to the Acer and put the male Red [m] to Red [f]---Blue [m] to White [f]---Green[m] to Yellow [f] on the TV. [f]-female~[m] male

I then go to Display Properties--Settings---Advance-Click on Intel[R] Graphics Media Accelerator Driver to Mobile-Click Graphics properties in the next window that opens and them I'm lost.What I do get is 3 copies of shapless windows on the TV with buzzing sound.

What am I doing wrong and is there any instructions availabe for me to connect the Netbook to the TV please

cofibach, Feb 1, 2012
  2. cofibach

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds like the adapter you bought is the wrong one. Red green and blue RCA leads are colour coded for "component" video. If you've plugged any of them into the red or white sockets on your tv, you're putting a video signal into the audio side of your tv, which explains the buzzing. You would need a totally different adapter to run vga-composite if you only have red yellow and white plugs. If you have a scart plug on the back of your tv, you can use the cable you already have, but you'll need a scart-component adapter.

Swarvey, Feb 3, 2012
Ask a Question