Connect to EVDO at startup

Discussion in 'Linux' started by egutshall, Sep 8, 2009.

1. egutshall

egutshall

I have created the needed scripts to login to my Verizon USB720 G3 card with the following command:
    Code:
    sudo pppd call verizon
    I have even added this command as a menu item when I right-click the desktop. However, I can not seem to figure out how to get the One to exceute this command at startup (boot). Most frustrating is I had this figured out several months ago, but had to restore my One to factory and now can't find my way back. Most grateful to anyone who can tell me how to execute the command on startup.

egutshall, Sep 8, 2009
  2. egutshall

Japser

You might want to edit

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

as root.

( leave out the sudo -part as the commands there already have root's authority )

Other options are the files .bashrc or .bash_profile .
    These are hidden files ( names starting with a dot ) in the /home/user/ directory.

HTH, ---Japser.

Japser, Sep 8, 2009
  3. egutshall

perezomail

I have an acer aspire one 110-1722
    8gig 512 ram came with limpus
    but now running on fedora 10

ive seen verious postings for verison and a few for
    the one i have a600 cricket modem

can you elaborate these instructions for what i have?
    ive tried myself in various ways however nothing has succeded

perezomail, Sep 10, 2009
  4. egutshall

Japser

Japser, Sep 11, 2009
  5. egutshall

perezomail

been there have it installed and on startup but no dice it said something about it being read as a "cdm" device or something like that. tried to send a question here two but they have somekind of super secure password question that may need an update honestly the network mannager applet should have this able to run but no luck.. i think there may be some kind of file i'me missing or mabey im just not understanding the instructions given. thanks though...least on #fedora found out that fc12 will have this by default but fc11 was such garbage on this computer im opting out of that for quite sometime

perezomail, Sep 21, 2009
Ask a Question