Connecting Sound from Acer to Bose Music System

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jfwarren, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jfwarren

jfwarren

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook, model AOA-150. I want to connect the Acer to my Bose Music System, to listen to MP3 files on the Acer. I have a 3.5mm male-to-male connector cable. Connected one end to headphone jack on right side of Acer, other end to input jack on back of the Bose. As to the Acer, I would have expected the insertion of the cable into the headphone jack to mute the sound from the Acer; it doesn't. As to the Bose, I invoked AUXilliary on the hand control; but I hear nothing coming through from the Acer. Any helpful ideas?

jfwarren, Nov 4, 2011
  2. jfwarren

Swarvey Moderator

First I'd say double check that you have the plug in the headphone jack, if they're colour coded it should be the green socket. If not, look for the symbol beside the socket.

Secondly, you may have to download and install the latest audio drivers from the Acer website.

Third, because of the way headphone sockets are physically wired, I'd say you've just got it in the wrong socket. Plugging in a headphone plug physically disables a connection inside the machine, which bypasses the speakers. If neither of the above two suggestions work, you may have either a very dirty headphone socket, or a broken one.

Has the headphone socket worked before? or if you plug in a set of headphones, does it function normally?

Swarvey, Nov 5, 2011
Ask a Question