Connecting to a Network Hard drive

Discussion in 'Networking' started by joe44, Aug 30, 2009.

1. joe44

joe44

Been meaning to do this post for ages. I had a lot of trouble connecting my AAO to my network hard drive, and I know a lot of people do when they first get their One. So I just thought I would post an easy way of doing it for those of you who are struggling. This is for the Linux edition as I guess Windows users don't have a problem.

Its very simple:
    1. First you need to allow the advanced menu- Tutorials can be found all over this forum
    2. Once that is done, right click on your home screen, and go 'System'--- 'add/remove software' and find a program called Dolphin
    3. Install that and then run it. I should find all of the computers and network devices on your network :D

joe44, Aug 30, 2009
  2. joe44

scotty2

Useful post Joe. I installed konqueror in place of dolphin to get network access. Only problem I have encountered is a compatability problem with vlc. Has anyone else experienced this? I have found that vlc will install fine but if I then install KDEbase (which includes konqueror), I have issues with konqueror. If I then remove KDEbase, vlc is removed in the process. If I first install KDEbase, I cannot install vlc from the link on the acer site (http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/no ... e_110.html and download vlc.sh).

Any ideas why this is happening? Are the .sh files from Acer a recommended way to add software or should I get vlc from another source?

scotty2, Aug 31, 2009
  3. joe44

Guest Guest

Thanks Joe, very much appreciated, wish id found this post 12 hours ago lol :mrgreen:

Guest, Sep 4, 2009
  4. joe44

joe44

Your welcome!

joe44, Sep 20, 2009
Ask a Question