Connectivity

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Susieville, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Susieville

Susieville

I brought my cute little laptot into work to show off. I was able to hook up to a network that said "free WiFi network" and it showed that I was connected., but I was not able to get on the internet. I'm a little concerned because I bought this computer to take on vacation with me to St. Maarten where the resort has free wifi...do you think I'll have a problem hooking up? Anything I can do?
    Thanks guys! :D

Susieville, Dec 23, 2008
  2. Susieville

ronime

Can you try another hotspot? Mickey Dee's or Starbucks maybe?

ronime, Dec 23, 2008
  3. Susieville

caulktel

The ones called"free wifi network" are a spoof, they almost always do what you just described. Try a different one, it will work just fine.

caulktel, Dec 23, 2008
  4. Susieville

Susieville

That's interesting. I thought something was strange. I work in the lower level "basement" of a building and I hardly get reception on my cell phone. Thought maybe I'd pick up a personal wireless, but not a "free Wifi network". That explains it. I haven't tried it in a Starbucks yet. I just wanted to show-off at work! :oops:

Susieville, Dec 23, 2008
Ask a Question