Constant error appearing in Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pei_boy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. pei_boy

pei_boy

I get the following event 2x every 5 seconds:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( ACPIEC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \Device\ACPIEC.

Anyone?

pei_boy, Aug 26, 2008
  2. pei_boy

Zed03

This is due to the AA1FanControl.exe utility - it's not accessing something right and floods the event log with errors. It needs an update.

Zed03, Aug 29, 2008
  3. pei_boy

HVL

You can easilly patch the ACPIEC.sys with an Hex Editor, this what I have done so that it does not log warnings. (Use Google to find the steps, they are easy.)

You can also try A1CTL from Noda to patch it, but for some unknow reason, it does not work for me (actually the whole software doesn't seem to work for me) I'm looking at the source code to see what's going on. Quickly, I think because it tries to write to the registry which I protected.

Cheers,

HVL
    A110-1588, Bios 3305.

HVL, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question