Converting Partition to NTFS before install XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MrPogue, Sep 21, 2008.

1. MrPogue

MrPogue

Hi!
    I need some help about this issue.
    I've just finished downloading the XP ISO for AAOne.
    After reading some issues I cannot manage to find anything telling me how to convert the SSD file system, from the Linux mode, to NTFS or FAT32. Is there a partitioning program that can be operated directly from the USb volume?
    I would appreciate very much some help on this!
    Thank you!

My AAO has the typical 8GB SSD and other items as sold.

Ricardo

MrPogue, Sep 21, 2008
  2. MrPogue

Tamrac

Are you refering to an ISO of the installed OS? Or is that an ISO of the XP installation CD.... Since if it's the XP installation CD, you just boot from the CD, and setup will run... from there you will have a choice to format your SSD to fat32 or ntfs(not recomended).

Tamrac, Sep 21, 2008
  3. MrPogue

MrPogue

Hi!
    Thanks for helping me.
    I bought the AAO with Linpus Lite on it. I have that recovery DVD.
    But I do not arrive to work with Linpus 100% and picked up the XP ISO for the AAO (will be easier for me).
    The thing is that XP works on FAT 32 or NTFS and the actual File system on the SSD is the Linux type. My question is, how can I change that file type to the FAT32 (for example). From a USB pen? The XP ISO will deal with it? I question you this because I've tried to install XP from an older ISO I have and when it arrives to a critical part before formatting partition it crashes the system and a blue screen says I must restart it to avoid any damage.

Do have an idea about this???
    Thank you once again!

MrPogue, Sep 21, 2008
  4. MrPogue

Tamrac

Yes, the XP ISO for AAO will take care of it.

Tamrac, Sep 22, 2008
Ask a Question