Cooling Mods

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Neogen, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Neogen

Neogen

Hi all.
    I have searched the forums but cant find a definative answer. Has anyone managed to succesfully upgrade any aspects of cooling the one? I only ask as i have tried everything and for some reason my one runs really hot. At times i have to take it off my lap as its getting to warm

Im thinking about some poss mod myself but the space and things like that make it an hard mod for me to see how to do.
    Hope this makes sense
    Regards
    Neogen

Neogen, Oct 11, 2008
  2. Neogen

jeepkj2005

the fan is loud on mine but nothing unbearable and the processor doesn't run hot. use speed fan to check your cpu temp not the sound of the stock fan . you answered your own question, take it off you lap covereing up the vents and surrounding them with you body heat of 98.6 maybe 90 deg at the clothes is probably making your AAO run hotter that when it's off your lap

jeepkj2005, Oct 13, 2008
  3. Neogen

haraldj

hello there!
    This seems strange since my AAO hardly hits 50 Celsius at full load.
    Are you sure your fan actually spin? maybe you got a broken fan.
    if the fan is spinning you can try to add some "spacers"under the laptop to make it a little bit higher to increase the amount of air your AAO sucks up. *Softmod* :p

haraldj, Oct 13, 2008
  4. Neogen

kghunt

I think this is what you are looking for...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrpXZF2XC ... re=related

This guy glued some bits of tin as fins in the air duct directly over where the cpu is. He says it dropped 10 degrees!

He said if you used copper it would be better. I agree. Do what this guy did but use copper and twice as many fins. Then somehow limit the fan speed.

Ingenius mod buy basic and easy.

EDIT:

Something like this would be perfect
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5520/ ... g40c16s229

kghunt, Oct 13, 2008
  5. Neogen

URBANRACER

that barnner looks very nice would like to have one for my signature i have the same specs as u but the white version ;)

URBANRACER, Oct 13, 2008
  6. Neogen

judeh101

Ok, this is what I found out, I took off the heatsink/fan and found out that hey used cheap blue thermal pad, I put as5 on both sides of the thermal pad, now it dropped by 7C. the bad news is, the air coming out of the side is hotter than before. (which is good and bad)

judeh101, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question