Copying Files From One Computer To Another

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ChrisJBrady, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 and a Dell Inspiron 11. I want to transfer files from one to the other. I have create a HomeGroup yet when connected via a wireless network they refuse to transfer any files and the systems crash requiring a reboot of both. I could use the BitTorrent sync. feature but this would use up my data allowance. Preferably I want to connect the two computers via the joint HDMI / Ethernet ports. For this I'd require a 'cross-over' cable but Maplin and P.C. World only sell these for pure Ethernet ports which the Dells do not have. They do have joint HDMI / Eternet ports but a cross-over cable does not seem to be available. Failing all this I will have to use a 1TB Toshiba Canvio drive - but that is so old school.

ChrisJBrady, Sep 12, 2017
  2. ChrisJBrady

something back

Hi Chris

Why not try Backupper it has a file or folder image creator if the files are
    not to big then you could copy the image file over to a flash drive.

There's a send anywhere program here's the link

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Send-Anywhere_program_106840.html

You could send via bluetooth, bluetooth dongles are approx £1 or $1.50 off ebay.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Bluetooth-File-Transfer-OBEX-FTP-J2ME_program_45009.html

something back, Sep 13, 2017
  3. ChrisJBrady

Kojack

You could sign up with onedrive. Put all your files in there, and you can access them from ANY computer, tablet and phone. Other than that...the fast easy old school way is best. I have 2tb of onedrive space. All my phones, computers etc, all save files to my onedrive.

Kojack, Nov 6, 2017
Ask a Question