counter strike source problem help?!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by adamj623, Feb 26, 2009.

1. adamj623

adamj623

This has been by far the most frustrating thing for me with this awesome little comp so far. i installed directx 9.0c on my one with 1gb of ram and xp. then i installed steam and tried out cs 1.6 which was running smooth on it and loaded quick so i put on CS: Source. the loading screen comes up with the cursor has an hour glass on it. The hour glass will disappear so the first time i saw this i thought it was sucessful and was so happy. and then the screen just goes blank. It doesn't shut down it just turns black and stops loading. sometimes i get a Hl2 needs to close error and sometimes it says that it cant read the memory at blah blah blah.

i don't know if the graphics chipset is just not good enough or what the possible problem could be. I got so excited when i saw the loading screen but when it didn't load properly, I raged

Now I swear I saw a vid of a guy playing CS:S on this and i really want to. it would make my computer even better.

I your help!
    thanks

This is my first post on this forum and this is an awesome site. good job guys!

sorry if this is on the wrong board. if there is a better board for this topic it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

adamj623

adamj623, Feb 26, 2009
  2. adamj623

morrislee

the graphics on this thing is intel 945, it is a horrible chipset, it is also downclocked to 166Mhz from 400Mhz, that made it worse, I am trying to get an app to clock the chip back to 400, but it seems to be having trouble doing so

morrislee, Mar 11, 2009
Ask a Question