CR**** Video play back..

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lohtse, Dec 12, 2008.

1. lohtse

lohtse

Hi All

Well have had my netbook a grand total of one week... And in general am pleased with it... I say in general as up until a few hours ago it was working perfect and then I could nolonger watch videos!!!!!!! Well I can but it stutters, stops and well is so bad it's just not worth bothing with.... I could watch videos with no problems a few days ago so what has caused this problem??? the netbook is hdd120gig/xp/1.5gig so there should be NO problems at all with watching them. it has the latest drivers and XP(sp3) is completely up to date. and no new drivers nor updates have been appplied since the last time I could watch videos with no problems... So does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem and what I could do to resolve it???? And please don't both just saying reinstall windows as thats no better than microsoft and Acers tech support..

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 12, 2008
  2. lohtse

lohtse

Sorted it out now so disregards post... Or delete if your a mod..

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 12, 2008
  3. lohtse

rlwc

What did you do to fix it? I have the same problem from time to time.

RLW

rlwc, Dec 12, 2008
  4. lohtse

lohtse

for me it was a directx issue... tinkered with it and now works perfectly even on battery.

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 12, 2008
  5. lohtse

PhotoWhit

I just started having a problem as well, was this an update or something?

Video does some lurching, and the sound is echo-ish. I thought it was a CPU speed problem. If this sounds like your problem let me know what tinkering you did with directX, Seems to be a bit better in Classic media player for what its worth.

Sorry for asking without flushing out the problem a bit more. I don't have it with me or I'd be trying to figure it out...Just lurking looking for people with similar problems.

PhotoWhit, Dec 13, 2008
Ask a Question