Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ashenshugar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ashenshugar

ashenshugar

Hi Guys. I`m sorry if you have seen this before but, i did search before posting.
    I have an aspire one d260a which is 6 mths old and has developed a cracked screen that at first was in the centre top of screen, it has now gone down to the bottom. Am i right in assuming that although research on the web noting faulty screens, i am not covered.? best price for replacement £66. not good reliability!

ashenshugar, Jan 16, 2011
  2. ashenshugar

Forone

Not sure what you found googling about "faulty" screens, since the screen is one of the best things I've found about this machine as compared with other netbooks. But a physical crack? Good luck convincing Acer that was a manufacturing defect and not damage inflicted by a user.

Forone, Jan 16, 2011
  3. ashenshugar

Swarvey Moderator

I had a similar problem with an Acer Extensa laptop a few years ago. Only in my case it was ceased hinges which caused the screen to warp and shatter. I had to threaten legal action against Acer because it was clearly not my fault, but they tried telling me it was my fault anyway. I personally took the machine to them and oversaw their technician who agreed the hinges were far too tight.

Long story short, it took six months and the threat of legal action to get them to replace it. You're simply far better off getting a screen on eBay relatively cheaply and doing the repair yourself. I was lucky to get as far as I did with them.

Swarvey, Jan 16, 2011
Ask a Question