Crackly sound

Discussion in 'Windows' started by silentkv, Feb 6, 2009.

1. silentkv

silentkv

Hey, is anyone else getting crackly sound? I've installed the newest realtek drivers (vista 2.14) and I still get. I can get it to work right after multiple uninstall and reinstalls but I haven't been able to nail down the right steps (if there are any) that get it to work. What messes up the drivers in the first place is the occasional bsod's. When that happens my sound crackly and I have to spend hours trying to fix it. So if anyone knows anything. Thanks.

silentkv, Feb 6, 2009
  2. silentkv

efficeon

I`m getting a crackly sound whenever i go from a folder to a folder with the explorer or with the internet browser, actually whenever there is a little click sound, while there was nothing playing.... its like the sound adapter is being turned off, and whenever a sound must be played it turns back on, and thats why it makes the crackly noise....

efficeon, Mar 30, 2009
  3. silentkv

Tamrac

What version of Win7 are you running? On 7057 I did'nt need to install any drivers for the sound. And I've been extensively using/testing on my AAO these past days, so far no crackling noticed.

Tamrac, Mar 30, 2009
  4. silentkv

silentkv

I should have edited the post. The crackley sound was due to the version of the ...Launcher App? I forget the name but the program that displays images for the function commands on the screen, such as volume and brightness adjustment. I decided to just uninstall it. The functions work without the program, you just don't get a display.

silentkv, Mar 31, 2009
Ask a Question