Crikey! Unhandled Exception Installing Skype!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by londonali1010, Nov 27, 2008.

1. londonali1010

londonali1010

Clearly, I am having issues with my little AA1 tonight...After a fairly difficult video call with my Dad over Acer's Messenger, I decided to have a crack at Skype. Only problem is, I've downloaded the Skype for Linux rpm file for Fedora 7, off their website, and when I try and install it, I get an unhandled exception from pirut:

Component: pirut
    Summary: TB2d8305f8 threading.py:94:acquire:RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/system-install-packages", line 355, in <module>
    main()
    File "/usr/sbin/system-install-packages", line 351, in main
    pkginst.run()
    File "/usr/sbin/system-install-packages", line 339, in run
    self.doRefresh()
    File "/usr/sbin/system-install-packages", line 98, in doRefresh
    self.populatePackages()

...and so on and so forth...this error list is miles long!

Anyone seen this before? It's not like the normal dependency issues that everyone else on here seems to have.

I should mention that I've messed about a little with my system...It's got the "normal" xfce desktop, and running compiz. I installed an additional repository package as well, but I don't remember what it was (it was a fairly common one; I used it to get VLC).

Should also mention that I have an 8GB SSD, 512 MB, running Linpus.

Any help appreciated!

londonali1010, Nov 27, 2008
  2. londonali1010

londonali1010

Haven't figured out a solution to the pirut issue, but have managed now to install the Skype rpm file from the command line, which is what I think I'll do from now on...

londonali1010, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question