Crossover and MS office

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nog, Mar 1, 2009.

1. nog

nog

Help!

Has anyone else had a problem getting Crossover to install? It seems to install okay but then there is no link on the "right click" menu bar. Not a major problem I realise, go though command line. Then when I try and install MS office (2007 - trail) and the install freezes and will not work. I guess these problems are related.

Anyway thoughts welcome. Thank you.

Andy

PS. I'm running Linpus with the stripped back xfcd desktop and a few other minor alterations mostly (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/09/05 ... _one_tips/ and http://jorge.fbarr.net/2008/08/06/acer- ... nd-tricks/)

PPS. Before people complain, I don't want to use MS office but other people are annoying and use MS formats and OO doesn't always get the formatting right etc. hence Crossover!

nog, Mar 1, 2009
  2. nog

El Matarife

I'm also keen to try Crosover. I'm happy to say goodbye to Windows and all things MS and am enjoying using Linux, but I could really do with having Excel.

I installed Crossover but had the same problem as yourself, in that it does not appear in the right-click menu.

So apologies for this ultra-noobish question - but how did you run Crossover from the terminal? I have no idea how to use the terminal and don't know what to type!

My other option to get Excel on my AAO would be to have an XP/Linpus dual boot. But it seems a shame to have to have a separate OS installation just to run one application. Also, I haven't got any idea how to do something as complex as setting up a dual boot...

Cheers!

El Matarife, Apr 13, 2009
  3. nog

ClassicS40

CONSIDER INSTALLING VIRTUAL BOX, IT WILL BE YOU SPAIR TIRE FOR ALOT OF THINGS.

have a look at my videos :

ClassicS40, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question