D250 boot problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Shambala, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Shambala

Shambala

Before anyone asks, yes I searched...I searched for 6 straight hours actually. I have the Aspire One D250 and the simple explanation of my problem is that if I press the power button nothing happens. No led's, no fan, no hard drive spinning, no post, nothing. When the AC charger is plugged in the charge led will light up green meaning fully charged, I used a multimeter to verify the battery had a charge and it does. I went through the many ways of flashing a new bios with no luck what so ever. I took the whole thing a part and starting testing certain components to make sure they receive power. Currently if I press the power button the usb ports will get ~5v of power for about 4 seconds. The only signals I have gotten from the bios flashing path is if I hold down fn+esc or fn+b then plug in the power supply, the power led flashes amber and the charge led flashes green at the same time for a half second then nothing on the net book receives power until I unplug and plug the ac power back in. I tried using a usb reader with a microsd, a normal flash drive, and a sd card in the built in reader, all fat and even tried fat32 with every version of renaming the files, etc... Any ideas?

Shambala, Jan 19, 2011
  2. Shambala

Swarvey Moderator

Only thing I can think of (other than a serious hardware malfunction), is either the battery as the volts, but not the amps, or the ac lead is stuffed.

Have you tried taking the battery out and holding the power button for a minute or two before plugging it back in?
    or
    Trying with the AC lead by itself with no battery?

I'd also try a strip-boot, if youve got it disassembled, try disconnecting the HDD, WiFi card and any other non-essential devices, maybe one of them as developed a short, in which case the power supply would switch off instantly.

Swarvey, Jan 19, 2011
Ask a Question