D250 Removing Bezel to access Webcam

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by elPaulio, Feb 10, 2011.

1. elPaulio

elPaulio Moderator

Afternoon all,

Just a quick question for those who have had the bezel off of their D250's.
    I have looked through the service guide and it states to remove the bezel you need to remove the LCD first which involves ramoving practically everything from the keyboard down.

I am looking purely to inspect and possibly replace the webcam and looking at my D250 and the service guide I think that I can remove the bezel without having to dismantle anything else on the netbook.

Can you confirm or deny that the bezel can be removed on its own?

Cheers

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Feb 10, 2011
  2. elPaulio

Swarvey Moderator

Piece of cake mate,

pop off the two squarish stickers at the bottom of the screen near the hinges, and the two square rubber ones at the top (in the corners), remove the four screws, then you should be able to slide a thumbnail in between the layers and they should click apart, without having to disassemble the rest of the machine.

Guessing you're wanting access to the cam?

Swarvey, Feb 10, 2011
  3. elPaulio

elPaulio Moderator

Ace!
    Thought it should be that easy.

Yeah, want to unplug it and un install the drivers etc.. then try plugging it back in whilst powered up as it's USB it should then re-install.

Failing that, there is a LiteOn one on ebay that I might get so at least I know i'm in the same position as you and it should work!

elPaulio, Feb 11, 2011
  4. elPaulio

Ridewithme38

Off topic Question:

Do you have the AOD250? How do you like the Dell Wireless card? i've been looking into upgrading to an N card but haven't figured out which is the best for these systems

Shameless Self praise: I just upgraded to 2gb ram a Broadcam Crystal HD Card and an 64GB SSD...that appears to be everything i can do without major netbook disassembly

Ridewithme38, Feb 11, 2011
  5. elPaulio

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

The Dell one works very well. Not had any drops and getting better coverage than the Atheros.

I've sent you a PM ;)

elPaulio, Feb 14, 2011
Ask a Question