D250 with N280 Atom US Release date?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Foxtropics, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Does anyone know how much longer it will be till people in the US can get a hold of the D250 with the n280 atom? I heard they are available in the UK, but not in the US yet... Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Foxtropics, Apr 16, 2009
  2. Foxtropics

adrianaitken

can't give you a date but it's available in Germany not the UK (yet). Can't see any difference to my D150 though - is there ?

Edited: 8mm thinner - wow !!!

adrianaitken, Apr 17, 2009
  3. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Ahh okay, thanks for the correction. Guess I will just keep waiting for it... *jeopardy theme plays*

Also, they moved the CPU exhaust vent from the bottom to the side so it can breath better when its sitting on stuff. I want to be able to use mine in bed so that was one of the main things I liked about the D250, the fact that it is a bit thinner wasn't really a reason for me. :)

Foxtropics, Apr 17, 2009
  4. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Any word on release dates yet? I noticed Japan just got it... How much longer for the US?

I am really interested in the new case design, fan/vent placement and the N280 CPU... Been waiting to get one of these netbooks since last august, this is starting to get ridiculous with them constantly changing them and not releasing their new versions where I am.

Foxtropics, May 5, 2009
  5. Foxtropics

jaredboy

This won't help you, but i have had my D250 now for 2 weeks and been very happy with it so far, a lot less fan noise, and thats a good thing!
    Can't say iv'e experienced any difference in the N280 and N270 atom chip so far, but i'm missing the extra ram i had on the 150 (1,5GB) just waiting for the 2GB chip. Have installed Windows 7 RC and so far worked perfect.

jaredboy, May 6, 2009
Ask a Question