D255E-13647 battery

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by daddyslipdisk, Mar 4, 2011.

1. daddyslipdisk

daddyslipdisk

I purchased an Acer Aspire One AOD255E-13647 netbook a couple of days ago and it's been great. Internet explorer is a little sluggish on it, as is even Chrome, but Firefox seems to run the best for some reason. But to stay on topic, the one thing I noticed is the battery life of the 3 cell battery that comes with it. I am in the United States and I can't find a higher capacity battery for this unit. A 6 cell would be fine and larger is even better. Can someone help me find a place (in the states) that sells a battery for this netbook? No problem buying from UK except I need it within a couple weeks. It appears that the unit is either too new to be listed as a model on battery sites or on Ebay. I search for "Acer Aspire One AOD255E-13647 battery" "D255E battery", etc. and nothing seems to turn anything up. Does anyone have any ideas on what battery type I should look for or a model number of the battery? Even Acer's website doesn't have a battery section (which I'm sure would be overpriced anyway). Long story short, I'm going out of town and need more battery life than what this currently puts out which is about 2 hours. :?:

daddyslipdisk, Mar 4, 2011
  2. daddyslipdisk

daddyslipdisk

By the way, I'm seeing tons of variations on the D255 series. This is the place in the states where I purchased it and the specs on it. Not sure if this makes a battery size difference or not. Apparently the main D255 has a dual core processor. Mine doesn't. Shame. But serves my purpose for now.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0355325

3. daddyslipdisk

rich_l

rich_l, Mar 4, 2011
  4. daddyslipdisk

daddyslipdisk

Thank you so much. No idea why i couldn't find that before on their site. the unusual thing is that most batteries for this netbook online are much more expensive than this one. That is very unusual that the name brand is almost half of what the no-name brands are. That's good news. :mrgreen:

5. daddyslipdisk

rich_l

I had a heck of a time finding that one - but since I did find it, I thought I would save my friends the grief that I had.

ENJOY :mrgreen:

rich_l, Mar 5, 2011
Ask a Question