D260 Upgraded Windows, no Wlan?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by TheQuagmire, Sep 21, 2010.

1. TheQuagmire

TheQuagmire

I had the D260 netbook, had Win 7 starter on it (GAH!), I had a spare copy of Win 7 Ultimate, so I did a fresh install, everything went fine, I installed missing drivers like vga, chipset ect, but I cannot get the wireless board to function period! I used the acer win 7 "Wireless LAN_Atheros_9.0.0.173_W7x86_A" installer, but it doesn't load the driver, I've tried a dozen or so random atheros drivers from the list, but none seem to start up and give me a startup failure... Anyone know what the D260 starter driver is? In my haste I should of written it down for troubleshooting, but alas here I am :(.
    Any help will be most excellent.

TheQuagmire, Sep 21, 2010
  2. TheQuagmire

Swarvey Moderator

Swarvey, Sep 21, 2010
  3. TheQuagmire

TheQuagmire

Well Thats intresting, I solved the issue earlier I just had to leave the house and forgot to post!
    I've used acers for awhile, and most of them have Atheros for both lan and wan, oddly the D260 I have has Lan as Atheros (this is where I thought Wan also has to be Atheros), but it was broadcom... and the drivers worked like a charm and I was confused as hell why the D260 uses broadcom over Atheros...

TheQuagmire, Sep 21, 2010
  4. TheQuagmire

Swarvey Moderator

Glad to hear ya got it sorted. I woulda thought it would be the atheros too, I guess maybe Acer ran outta them durring manufacture and used their backup supply maybe.

Swarvey, Sep 21, 2010
  5. TheQuagmire

gamezgirl

I'm having similar issues right now. I transplanted the HDD from D150 and installed the Power Mgmt, LaunchMgr, and Broadcom's WLAN drivers but it still doesn't work. It doesn't detect any wireless connections and doesn't seem to be working since the tray icon is that for the LAN with no wire. With troubleshooting I get this error message:
    "There might be a problem with the driver for this Wireless Network Connection 2 adapter" expands to "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter"

Side question: which 3G driver, Bluetooth driver and Webcam app do I install since there's 2-3 different kinds.

gamezgirl, Jan 10, 2011
Ask a Question