Damn Small Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Cesium, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Cesium

Cesium

I was wondering if anyone has installed damn small linux as their primary operating system on the acer aspire one? I've been booting it off of a usb stick and find that it runs EXTREMELY FAST. Recovery from sleep is instantaneous, and it seems to do the bare necessities fairly well. I would consider using only dsl if i could get the following problems fixed.
    1) wireless network card doesn't work.
    2) included version of firefox doesn't support flash (or it may be that java isn't running?)
    3) does anybody know if pidgin can be installed on this distro? It's not included in the repository.

Has anyone else tried fixing any of these problems?

Cesium, Nov 20, 2008
  2. Cesium

galliganer

I use DSL for a long time. Now for the Aspire One I make the backups in a 4Gb usb pendrive with DSL on it with partimage.
    Is extremely rapid, but the kernel is 2.4.31 and I think it doesn't support the wireless card, but goes OK with a 3G connection in a mobil phone through bluetooth, or the wire.
    For pidgin if you download the source and compile like this post, http://damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=28;t=20517
    sure that it works!

galliganer, Nov 20, 2008
Ask a Question