Damn you FedEX!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Antithesis, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Antithesis

Antithesis

They were supposed to deliver my One today, but it never made it :(. I have to go pick it up at the FedEx center tomorrow. Pretty frustrating :(

Antithesis, Sep 11, 2008
  2. Antithesis

gary c

I feel your pain. A few years ago, I had to drive to DHL hub across town to pick up my free iPod from one of those referral programs.

gary c, Sep 13, 2008
  3. Antithesis

Tavel

they only tried to deliver it once?! they should try at least 3 times before they tell you to pick it up. depending on the sender they might even leave a note that you can sign that allows the driver to leave it at the door.

FedEx sucks...and not just because I work for UPS. But UPS sucks too...so we should all use USPS :lol:

Tavel, Sep 14, 2008
  4. Antithesis

radtek

I'm waiting too... I live very close to Fedex, UPS, DHL distribution centers and they still get to me late in the afternoon. After I leave for work! I spend an entire shift worrying if I'll lose my package and have even left in order to secure packages. I'm grateful for my super cool easy going supervisor allowing me to do this.

Usually USPS gets to me in the late AM or after lunch. I prefer them for this convenience but they suck the most out of all carriers.

I leave a signed note telling the courier to leave it by my front door. Haven't lost a package... yet.

radtek, Sep 16, 2008
  5. Antithesis

Tavel

FedEx and UPS deliver later in the day because they do businesses first. Businesses are the high volume, high priority part of the day. IF (big IF) they run out of time, it's acceptable to lay-over residential deliveries until the next day, but it's not acceptable to lay-over business deliveries.

USPS doesn't mix businesses and residential on the same route, so they don't have to prioritize.

Tavel, Sep 17, 2008
  6. Antithesis

radtek

I want to give kudos to the UPS guy who delivered a wifi router yesterday and my A1 today at 1430. My garage door was opening and I heard him laying on the horn. He knew I wanted this one ASAP. I didn't want to leave work today just to retrieve a package. Wow! What service!

Obligs aside it was closer to 2000 hrs for the unboxing to an awed audience at work! Initial boot was less than 12 sec and every subsequent boot is less than 15! Linpus so far is pleasing in a truncated fashion. Wifi nic ath0 connection 100% at work and at home! My Tosh only gets 78% and it is several feet closer to my old router. In my lap? 76%. Acer? !00%!

Installed updates. Fooled around with the slightly obtuse file system, xterm and media. I'll have to delve in a little, but this machine's intended role is all net baby. I'm extremely pleased with the device as it is. I won't be changing much. Until I get bored...

radtek, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question