Dead Keys on Keyboard

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by vega, Feb 5, 2009.

1. vega

vega

Well I just ordered the Aspire One (refurb) off tigerdirect, the item came today I open the box plug it in and run windows and when i need to type i notice the C,B and X buttons are dead not working this is pretty disappointing if its been recertified and not working out of the box.. is there a way to fix this? will it void the warranty if i try? should i just now send to acer? how long will I have to wait for a fix? now im worried cuz I ordered 2 the other one comes tomorrow... I hope it works...
    thanks

vega, Feb 5, 2009
  2. vega

HP Sauce

I'm sorry to hear that. The space bar on mine didn't work if I pressed it on the far right side when I first got it, and so I had to take it back.

I think you should send it back immediately to tigerdirect, since that's who you bought it from. If it was me I'd ring them first just to let them know I was returning it.They should replace it for you immediately with a working model, and really they should pay the postage too.

Very best of luck.

HP Sauce, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question