Dead on re-format. Won't power down. Help?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Guest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have had my Acer Aspire One since August of last year. It's the 120g Win XP version.

Last month I had to reformat it because there was a problem with the registry. When I reformatted, I only installed the bare minimum of applications, but couldn't seem to install any anti-virus software (I hate using the McAfee one provided so I uninstalled that). Then I noticed that Acer wasn't letting me install any firewall programs, either. So a month after the first reformat, I decided to reformat it again.

This morning I clicked on the Acer eRecovery Management icon on the desktop and clicked "retore to default factory settings". The netbook restarted... but the screen was blank.

I could hear it whirring, so I figured it was a BIOS problem as that had happened before, but I wasn't sure if it was reformatting or not. I waited half an hour, since the first reformat only took 10 minutes, just to be safe. Then I clicked off the power button, plugged in a USB key, and tried to flash the BIOS.

Nothing happened. The power light wouldn't blink. I tried to force it to shut down, but now it won't let me, no matter how long I hold the power key down for.

So now I'm not sure if it's reformatted properly, or if it's a BIOS problem. I have a netbook that won't power off, but with a monitor that won't work. Any help?

Guest, Apr 6, 2009
  2. Guest

melhiore

Any chance to take the battery off??

melhiore, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question