Debating on Removing 7 from Partition

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sdelliott31, May 23, 2009.

1. sdelliott31

sdelliott31

Hi all. I have a 30gb partition with Win7 on it. I've played around with it for a bit and liked it enough that I put it on my desktop Dell XPS. I notice though it does work nice on the AAO that it takes up about 300mb more RAM, thus hampering games compared to XP. Do I just use Acronis and delete the Win7 partition? If so, will that eliminate the dual boot or will I have to do something else to eliminate that as well. I'm just not sure what I would need this for now. Thanks.

sdelliott31, May 23, 2009
  2. sdelliott31

DopyG

There was a thread a couple of threads benaeath yours with the exact same question...
    You also have to remove the Windows 7 bootloader....

Here is the link to ther other thread: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14397

And here is a link to a solution to remove Windows 7 in a Xp/7 dual boot

DopyG, May 24, 2009
  3. sdelliott31

sdelliott31

Man, I saw it after I posted, was hoping nobody would respond. I'm an idiot and I apologize to all. :)

sdelliott31, May 24, 2009
  4. sdelliott31

DopyG

Lol no need to apologize =o
    Wasent trying to be rude :O dont call ur self an idiot >_<

DopyG, May 24, 2009
  5. sdelliott31

sdelliott31

So this isn't completely worthless (mostly maybe), I decided to take the Win7 partition off, and just have one XP Partition. I downloaded EasyBCD and where it showed two boots, I deleted the one that said Win7, then I rebooted, and it went to XP straight away. Then I used acronis to add the 30gb that I set as a partition back to the C: partition.

sdelliott31, May 25, 2009
  6. sdelliott31

acutturi

Thanks, sdelliot.
    I came across your post first while looking at installing win7. I am going to try it this weekend, since I'm not a gamer and just use the AAO for work documents and piddling around on the net and email. I like win7 so far on my desktop, so I'd like to try it on the acer. Your post let me know it was easy to delete and remedy the situation if I don't like it.
    Thanks again!

acutturi, May 29, 2009
Ask a Question